We can help with all aspects of real estate law. Whether you need legal guidance surrounding the sale, purchase or refinancing process, our law team can help. We have helped clients with residential and commercial real estate cases and are well equipped to serve you. We stay up on local real estate laws, in Hamden and surrounding areas, to ensure you are getting the best legal counsel.
Our office, certified by Secure Insight, ensures our clients that we follow the standards and best practices for closing agents. We have internal policies, procedures, and controls to raise the bar of professionalism.
· Having licensed, insured, and trained individuals conducting your closing transactions.
· Having closing professionals who act in a professional and courteous manner towards borrowers and all persons connected with loan transactions.
· Not proceeding before we satisfy our requirement of establishing the identity of all borrowers.
· Taking proper steps to prepare for a closing and answering all reasonable questions raised by a borrower regarding the details of the mortgage closing documents.
· Taking responsible steps to accommodate a borrower as well as notifying the lender if at any time a borrower decides not to move forward with a closing.
· Returning to the lender, by overnight mail, all closing packages and lender fees no later than 48 hours after a closing (with the exception of; Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal Bank Holidays).
· Notifying a lender immediately of any suspicious and/or improper activity taking place at the closing table include payments made outside of the HUD, “back room dealings,” unusual sources of money (i.e. money orders or checks from multiple sources, not the borrower), large cash transactions and contract flips.
· deciding not to represent both the Seller and Purchaser in any closing transaction without full disclosure and written authorization by both parties.
· Ensuring that no Closing Disclosure or HUD settlements are amended or modified in any way without lender approval.
· Safeguarding all personal borrower information at all times.